Two Billion adults in the world are unbanked. - World Bank 2016.
Tackling the problem of the world's Unbanked and Underbanked population is a major challenge for the global finance industry.
The problem of unbanked and underbanked populations are a huge obstacle to economic development, social mobility and inclusion.
The problem however is not limited to underdeveloped countries.
- USA - 7.7% of adults are unbanked and 17.9% unbanked
- UK - 1.5 million people unbanked
- Europe - 165 million people unbanked
- 93% of Albania is classed as unbanked
- Half of the world's adult population is regarded as unbanked
Kartiera's products and services allow individuals access the global finanicial system that would otherwise be denied.